Friday, March 18, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas ~ 3 Shades of Green

Hello Dahlings!

This week the Tarts are sharing ideas for manis using 3 shades of green.
My technique for this week is pattern on pattern.

So I did this...


 Um...ok?
I did use 3 different greens
& I did a stamped pattern over a stenciled pattern.
I even tried a new to me top coat.


 The line up ~ Emori White, Color Club On The Flip Side,
Ellegee Get Away From Her, You Bitch!
& Hit the Bottle Green Around the Gills.


 I started with a coat of Emori White over my franken base.
I then added 2 coats of On The Flip Side
& a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.
with GAFHYB! then added another coat of SHDI.


 I did the stamping using Messy Mansion plate 04,
Green Around the Gills
I sealed it in with Sally Hansen Gel Shine 3D top coat.

I love my Seche Vite fast dry top coat.
I don't care that it can be persnickety & get thick or even shrink
when the bottle gets down to the half way point.
I buy my refill & Restore thinner in big bottles from Amazon
& refill or thin my 15ml bottle as needed.
I easily get a week of solid mani protection with minimal tip wear.

But what if I couldn't do that?
What if I ran out & needed to finish a mani NOW?

So I tried a new top coat from Sally Hansen.
Their products are usually decent in both quality & price 
plus they're readily available in most, if not all, drugstores in the US.
The product info says it's thicker than most top coats
with a gel like shine with no uv lamp needed & fast drying.

It isn't as thick as SV, but it is thicker than my other fast dry top coats.
The glossiness is about the same.
It doesn't dry as fast as SV (SV usually dries in about 5 minutes),
but it is supposed to cure the polish under it like SV.
If you can sit still for 5-10 minutes so you don't ding it.
It didn't quite wear as well as SV.
I had tip wear after 2 days
& SV usually lasts 4-5 days before I notice tip wear.

Over all, if I need a thick fast drying top coat & my SV isn't available,
I'd use the Sally Hansen Gel Shine 3D again.


 I'd been craving some gitd & these nails supplied it!


I didn't do the chevrons on my thumb, just the stamping.
The Color Club 2015 Poptastic Remix collection
is a 2.0 of the original Poptastic collection
with gitd added. I had to have it!
They all have a strong glow with minimal charging
& hold the glow for quite a while.

>^. .^<

My laser eyes will keep da leprechauns from stealings my cuteness!

Thanks for stopping by
& please share the luvs
with the other Tarts!
~ Inky


1 comment:

  1. I love the colours you used! pattern on pattern is really a difficult prompt, I don't think I have it luckily :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.